28 uses for Lemon Essential Oil (EO)
1. Use 6 drops of Lemon and 6 drops of Purification™ in a squirt bottle mixed with distilled water to use
in the bathroom as an air freshener.
2. Add 1-2 drops to your water, tastes good and alkalines the water.
3. Use 1-2 drops of Lemon EO to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
4. Use 1 drop of Lemon EO to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
5. For homemade lemonade, in a blender mix 2 drops of Lemon EO, 2 tablespoons of honey and two
cups of pure water. Adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your own taste.
6. Rub a drop of Lemon EO on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings.
7. To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon
EO. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water.
8. Add 2-3 drops of Lemon EO to water and spray counter tops to sterilize them.
9. Soak your dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon EO to disinfect and kill germs.
10. Rub a drop of Lemon EO on your hands after using a public bathroom.
11. Use a paper towel soaked with several drops of Lemon EO to sanitize bathroom fixtures.
12. Place a drop of Lemon EO on cold sores, herpes or other mouth ulcers to lessen pain, may aid in
13. Put a drop of Lemon EO on bleeding gum’s caused by gingivitis or tooth extraction.
14. Put a drop of Lemon EO on oily skin or acne to balance sebaceous glands (oil glands).
15. Rub several drops of Lemon EO on cellulite, may improve circulation and help eliminate waste from
16. Rub two drops of Lemon EO topically, may clear athlete’s foot.*
17. Rub several drops of Lemon EO on varicose veins, may improve circulation and relieve pressure on
18. Rub a drop of Lemon EO on a wart morning and night, may help it to disappears.*
19. Rub a drop of Lemon EO to clean a butcher’s block or other cutting surfaces.
20. Put 10-15 drops of Lemon EO in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains and
brighten the rug. This also leaves a fresh smell in the room.
21. Fill clean sink with clean water, then place fresh produce, eggs, etc. in the water and add (1) drop of
Young Living Essential EO. You’ll see it quickly spread over the top of the water. Let items soak remove and
air dry. Not only will they keep longer, you will have effectively neutralized undesirable buggies. After produce
is removed, soak cutting surfaces, sponges etc. in the water before discarding it. Your sink will also be
sparkling and sanitized.
22. To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit or veggies, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops
of Lemon EO. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the
23. Add one teaspoon of lemon EOl to one-cup mineral oil for an effective furniture polish.
24. For general household cleaning purposes, it works well for removing gum, wood stain, oil, and
25. Add a few drops to your dishwasher for spot free dishes.
26. Diffuse to freshen your home or add a few drops to a spray bottle to deodorize and sterilize the air.
27. Add two drops to water for purification or combine with peppermint (Mentha piperita) to provide a
28. Add ten drops to a cotton ball and place inside your vacuum cleaner.
How to Make Your Own Lemon Spray Cleaner
· Instead of purchasing standard household cleaners for surfaces, you can create your own natural,
safe version by filling a plastic spray bottle with water. Combine 2–3 drops of lemon EOl with water in a 4
oz. spray bottle filled with water to clean and sanitize surfaces in the kitchen or bathroom. Shake the spray
bottle well, and your homemade cleaner is ready to spray. This simple solution is extremely economical,
yet it cleans and disinfects as well as any commercial cleaner. Please keep in mind that some of the oils, if
used directly, may stain some surfaces, such as linoleum. Always test surface first.
How to use Lemon essential oil:
· For dietary, aromatic or topical use.
· Dilution with V-6 Massage Oil (a carrier oil) is recommended when used topically. Dilute 1 drop
Lemon with 1 teaspoon V-6.
Read your labels. Many commercial lemon essential oils do not have the above potential due to additives
or chemically produced methods. All EOs are not created equal. Most EOs are of lower quality. We
recommend Young Living Essential Oils. Please see bottom of page for ordering information.
CAUTION: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light
within 72 hours.
Note: All essential oils are NOT created equal. Most essential oils are of lower quality. Therefore, do NOT
use the information provided here for other brands
“Research by Jean Valnet, M.D., showed that vaporized lemon oil can kill meningococcus bacteria in 15
minutes, typhoid bacilli in one hour, Staphylococcus aureus in two hours, and Pneumococcus bacteria
within three hours. Even a 0.2% solution of lemon oil can kill diphtheria bacteria in 20 minutes and
inactivate tuberculosis bacteria. Lemon oil has been widely used in skin care to cleanse skin and reduce
wrinkles and combat acne. Lemon has shown to have antidepressant effects in research done by Komori,
et al., 1995.”
Jean Valnet MD estimated that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of lemon essential oil – use it
sparingly when flavoring beverages or foods. In his book, “The Practice of Aromatherapy”, Valnet wrote that
lemon is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system.
University researchers in Japan found that diffusing certain aromas in an office environment dramatically
improved mental accuracy and concentration. Diffused lemon resulted in 54 percent fewer errors.
Diffuse for 10 minutes ever hour.
Lemon (Citrus limon) has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for
their effects on immune function. It may serve as an insect repellent and may be beneficial for the skin.
Essential oils have been here on earth since the beginning of time and we are very fortunate to have them
available for those seeking natural solutions to daily life. Young Living’s wild crafted, organic essential oils
have many uses. We hope you enjoy reading and learning how to use them.
|Essential Oils by Young Living
We invite you to explore the world of Aromatherapy. To enroll and order directly from Young Living,
Click Here to open their website.
Use "Sponsoring Distributor Member Number" 832592 to enroll and order directly.
Jupiter Farms Massage
10064 W Indiantown Rd
Jupiter, Fl 33478
|Jupiter Farms Massage
...because you deserve it!