Some of our favorite "Home Spa" recipes...
(link to Non-Toxic Household Cleaners) (link to Pumpkin)
Lavender Bath Salt Recipe
What you need:
- 3 cups Dead Sea Salt, regular Sea Salt or Epsom Salt. (Available at Publix, or most
drug stores). Sea salts usually come in several grain sizes with the coarser grains
taking longer to dissolve. You can combine grain sizes for a nice visual effect.
- 25 drops of Lavender Essential Oil. Lavender is known for its soothing, relaxing
properties. Other scents may also be used.
- Jar(s) Any pretty jar with a tight fitting lid to keep the oils intact will do. Canning jars
work beautifully, are available at Publix, and can be decorated as well!
Directions: Place the salt into a bowl. Add the drops of Essential Oil and mix well with a fork.
Place the salts in a jar with a tight fitting lid. After a day, you can mix well again to ensure that
the oils have blended.
To Use: Add 1/2 to 1 cup of the salts to warm bath water. Make sure the salts have dissolved
before getting into the tub. And relax...
A great blend of oils to use in the Winter months...
What you need:
Try a blending the above with Jojoba Oil (suitable for all skin types) to deeply moisturize and
- Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil kills germs and protects the body against infections,
especially effective with the respiratory system.
- Grapefruit Essential Oil is uplifting, spreading warmth and cheer. Helps with water
retention and cellulite.
- Lavender Essential Oil helps to relax your mind and destroy disease causing organisms.
hydrate your skin. Combine with Sea Salt to create a scrub to exfoliate and help restore your
skin's lost minerals, leaving your skin silky soft.
Toxin-free Car Air Freshener
What you need:
- Wool Felt (thicker & 'stiffer' type that will hold it's shape)
- Essential Oil of your choice. Stay away from 'relaxing' scents. Some good choices are:
Pine with Lavender and Rosemary
1. Cut a simple, fun shape out of the felt about 4” tall. You can first try your shape on a
piece of paper and use that as a template for the felt. Try anything from a tree, car, person, or
star… the choice is yours.
2. Drop several drops of your favorite essential oil or combination of oils onto the wool
shape. Don’t be afraid to use enough oil as it will evaporate over time. You may notice the
oils on the surface of the felt, but they will soak into the wool.
3. Punch a small hole in the top of your shape and thread a piece of twine through the
hole to hang.
The scent of your car air freshener will die down over time, but it should last several weeks.
When you can no longer smell the scent, re-energize it by adding drops of your favorite
Not all essential oils are created equally. Please read labels and know your source to assure
quality. Essential Oils should not contain any additional or artificial ingredients.
Pumpkin Body Scrub
After a warm bath, dry off and apply to one body part at a time. We recommend starting with
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (soothing vitamin A)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (exfoliating)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (vitamin E and antioxidants)
- 1 tablespoon honey (hydrating)
- Add a drop of vanilla for an uplifting scent.
your feet/lower leg and gradually work your way up the body to arms, torso, and back - using a
long handled back scrubber if a loved one's hands are not available. As you apply, rub in an
up and down motion gently - avoid rubbing to hard, as you don't want to rub your skin raw.
When done, rinse off thoroughly and follow up with your favorite body lotion. Enjoy!
Rosemary Citrus Body Scrub
Mix the above for a fragrant, lush body scrub. Rinse off in cool water.
- 1 cup Salt (see above for various types)
- 1/2 cup Rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup oil (Grape Seed, Coconut, or other)
- 4 tspn fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Honey
Fizzy Bath Salt Recipe
What you need:
- 1 cup each: Epsom Salt, Sea Salt, Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- food coloring: 4 drops blue, 6 drops green
- 8 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 6 drops Neroli Essential Oil
- 6 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Directions: In a large bowl, mix Salts. Add Baking Soda, Food Coloring and Oils. Mix Well.
Add the Citric Acid last and mix very well.
For a Sleep-Inducing bath use the above recipe substituting 10 drops blue for the food coloring
and changing the Essential Oils to 8 drops each of Lavender, Sandalwood and Sweet Orange
(or use 24 drops of Peace & Calming TM)
Uplifting Bath Salt Recipe
What you need:
- 2 cups Epsom Salt
- 1 cup Sea Salt
- Food Coloring: 4 drops red, 6 drops yellow
- 8 drops: Orange Essential Oil
- 6 drops: Neroli Essential Oil
- 6 drops: Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops: Lemon Essential Oil
Directions: Mix salts in a large bowl, then add the other ingredients slowly. Mix very well.
Store in tightly sealed jar.
Pumpkin has many beneficial ingredients for your skin, including retinol (Vitamin A), ascorbic
acid (Vitamin C), beta-carotene and more. Simply mix the ingredients listed below, apply to
freshly cleansed face. Let dry on face for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with luke-warm water.
- 2 tsp Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp each: Honey, Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Spice (please test first to be sure you are not allergic. If cinnamon
burns your skin, simply leave out).
Have you thought about invigorating and plumping up your lips? Here's a great sugar lip scrub
you an use twice a week to keep your lips hydrated, invigorated and plump. Don't forget to
drink plenty of water everyday to help keep your lips as well as the rest of your body hydrated.
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (white or brown)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch of powdered cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together (small bowl OR mix right in your palm)
Using your index finger, rub mixture gently on dry lips in small circular motions for 2-3 minutes
Gently wipe with warm washcloth and apply lip balm to lock in moisture
Conveniently located in front of Jupiter Farms
Shopping Center on Indiantown Road,
next door to PNC Bank. +2 miles West of I 95 and the Florida Turnpike
Jupiter Farms Massage is a favorite day spa destination in the Palm Beach area.
Your local day spa serving Jupiter, Jupiter Farms, Tequesta, Abacoa, Hobe Sound, Juno, Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens,
Treasure Coast, Jupiter Island, West Palm Beach, Stuart, the Palm Beaches and surrounding areas.
Jupiter Massage | West Palm Beach | Palm Beach Gardens | Day Spa | Jupiter Massage | Jupiter Spa| West Palm Beach Spa
Jupiter Farms Massage
10064 W Indiantown Rd
Jupiter, Fl 33478
|Jupiter Farms Massage
...because you deserve it!